CIC TORONTO Super Visa
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa and enjoy visiting your
family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew your status.
To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:
be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- be found admissible to Canada and meet certain other conditions.
- Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered
- the person’s ties to the home country
- the purpose of the visit
- the person’s family and financial situation
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country and an invitation from a Canadian host.
In addition to being found admissible to Canada, the parent or grandparent must also:
- provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold
- prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and complete an Immigration Medical Examination.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter