• +1 (416)-456-6161 | +91-991-478-0001
  • info@cictoronto.com


More than 90,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French. Foreign students bring a rich culture to our classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome in our schools.

To be eligible to study in Canada

  • You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
    • tuition fees
    • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
    • Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. Exceptions

If you wish to study in a short-term course or program

You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

Even if you do not need a study permit, it is a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada. If you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course or program, you must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if you do not already have one.

Foreign representatives to Canada

If you are a family member or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada accredited by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, you may not need a permit to study in Canada. You should contact your embassy in Canada. Your embassy can contact the Office of Protocol at Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada to find out whether you need a study permit.

Members of foreign armed forces

If you are a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, you do not need a permit to study in Canada. If your family members, including minor children, want to study in Canada, they must meet the requirements.

Work as a Student

  • On Campus: You are permitted to work on campus for up to 20 hours every week without applying for a work allow. Be that as it may, you have to get your Social Insurance Number (SIN) before you begin working.
  • Off Campus As a full time universal student, you can work part time (20 hours per week) outside the campus for any business and full-time (37.5 hours) amid your semester breaks. An open work allow is required to work off grounds. This work understanding, anyway won't be considered for your future migration application purposes.
  • Co-op / Internship if your program of study incorporates a internship or a co-op, you can apply for a community work allow. This work allow limits you from working at whatever other place which won't be a piece of your course educational programs.
  • Post Graduate Work Permit When you have finished your degree/confirmation or authentication from an assigned organization, you are qualified to apply for a post graduate work allow (PGWP). This PGWP enables you to work all day for a specific timeframe for any business. This is an open work allow.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter