Canadian Experience Class


If you are a temporary foreign worker or a foreign student who graduated in Canada, you often have the qualities to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence. You are familiar with Canadian society and can contribute to the Canadian economy. You should have knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience.

Applying to stay in Canada permanently in your case is simple. You can do this under the Canadian Experience Class. All the guides, information and forms you need to apply are included here.


You must meet these minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

plan to live outside the province of Quebec

be either:

a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or

a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada

have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization

apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada

include the results of an independent language test (from an agency designated by CIC) with your application